It was over 2 weeks ago that I purchased these African Violets at the grocery store. New plants had just arrived and they all looked wonderful. There are still many buds below the open flowers ready to bloom. I just love them. Twenty some years ago I was really into growing African Violets..even started my own. Think there were about 2 dozen when I spent some time in MN with my Dad. Jerry was in charge of watering my plants. His theory is that if a little helps, more will be even better. That was the last of my violet phase!!!!
Monday, May 11, 2009
Delivery from Oklee Quilting Supply.
The Tuesday quilters were running out of batting so ordered another 60 yard roll last week. I wish I had taken a photo of the pkg that arrived. I could easily get my arms around the roll. It is in a heavy heavy plastic bag. It is so funny to watch it grow after the outer bag is slit open. Maybe next time I will take a video. The roll moves and sways as it grows just like some live monster!!!

It was over 2 weeks ago that I purchased these African Violets at the grocery store. New plants had just arrived and they all looked wonderful. There are still many buds below the open flowers ready to bloom. I just love them. Twenty some years ago I was really into growing African Violets..even started my own. Think there were about 2 dozen when I spent some time in MN with my Dad. Jerry was in charge of watering my plants. His theory is that if a little helps, more will be even better. That was the last of my violet phase!!!!

It was over 2 weeks ago that I purchased these African Violets at the grocery store. New plants had just arrived and they all looked wonderful. There are still many buds below the open flowers ready to bloom. I just love them. Twenty some years ago I was really into growing African Violets..even started my own. Think there were about 2 dozen when I spent some time in MN with my Dad. Jerry was in charge of watering my plants. His theory is that if a little helps, more will be even better. That was the last of my violet phase!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Keep Grandpa away from these new beautiful plants! :) Looking forward to seeing you this weekend!
Em
That is one BIG roll!
The African violets are just gorgeous. Like you, I used to have a ton of them. They are a lot of work, but so pretty and satisfying.
That's alot of batting, WOW!
Oh, I love African Violets. It takes forever to get them to blooming from a leaf, but it's cool to watch the progression. Those are beautiful!
Post a Comment