Saturday, May 9, 2009

Roses, Carnations and a corsage!!

All those Mother's Day flowers from my children's father aka Jerry! The roses are gorgeous and the carnations add a fragrance. The temperature is supposed to go down into the 30's tonight so I'm not sure I can wear what I wanted to go with the corsage. May have to dig out the winter stuff. Well, I don't have to dig too far...actually both seasons are crowding the closets.











Michael and Stephen came over this afternoon. They had the cutest card...kind of a cartoon G'ma chipmunk and G'kids. The G'ma is holding a plate of cookies. Guess what I was doing when they arrived...didn't know they were coming? Had just put the first pan of cookies into the oven. Stephen finished baking the cookies. He loves cookie dough as much as I do!!! He was cooking dinner for his Mom tonight...and the rest of his family. He is really interested in cooking. I remember him as a little kid watching the cooking shows.








We've had this print box hanging on the wall for years. The boys were asking about some of the items, particulary the WW2 items. A few things are 100 years old and some fairly new, a family story with each. The ration books etc. led to all of our memories of the war. It was such a fun afternoon. I don't think anyone has ever been interested in our memories!!

4 comments:

Needled Mom said...

In the 30s????? Oh deary me!!!!

The flowers are lovely and I hope that it will be warm enough for you to wear what you are hoping to wear.

Isn't is wonderful when guys are intersted in cooking? My sons all were and now two of them own restaurants.

I love the print box. It must hold some real treasures.

Happy Mother's Day.

Karen said...

Beautiful flowers! Hope you were able to wear them today.

The print box is great and is probably a great conversation piece....all those memories.

Happy Mother's Day!

Val said...

Just wanted to tell you that I always enjoy your posts. I hope you have a Happy Mothers Day!

Aunt "B's" Backyard said...

Two great guys you have there!
Love your flower shots, such beautiful spring colors. Hope it wasn't too cold for you there.
Happy 'belated' Mother's Day, G'G'ma!!