Friday, May 8, 2009

Time to hang the Hummingbird quilt.

I say the Hummingbirds are back but we've only seen one at a time! Hard telling how many are here.







Here are the first blocks for the "one-a-day-quilt-along". AmandaJean at crazymomquilts.blogspot.com is the organizer. I think she has a million followers...maybe I exaggerate a bit but not much. We are supposed to sew one 9-patch a day. I have duplicates of these patches. My idea is to not have any duplicate fabrics in the quilt but I'm making more for another quilt. I figure if I get bogged down I'll go for two of a kind and make only one quilt. That's covering my bases!!






Didn't get this photo turned right. I make the Baptismal napkins for our church. Two weeks ago there were 4 Baptisms so that wiped out the supply. I have a hard time finding good fabric. No one carries "fine linen" anymore. Some years ago I had an old linen tablecloth that worked perfectly...cut to avoid a couple stains and a couple holes.







When we were in AZ Linda picked out some Moda fabric that she wanted me to make into an apron for her. (Linda the fabric is washed, ironed and ready to cut...I know, I know, 2 months late!!!)








Here are the latest flowers to start blooming. The warm days have taken a tole on the tulips an other early spring flowers. The blossoms have fallen off most of the trees too.











What is that you say??? Why, it's some grass beginning to sprout. Not all of the seed floated down the street!!




I love living in a wooded area. I love trees. It is cooler here in the summer. BUT, there are times when they are a nuisance. Every week in May there is something falling from different trees. This is what I swept up from the sidewalk this morning.


HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY TO ALL MOTHERS.

2 comments:

Needled Mom said...

I'm working on the 9 patch too, but I find that I am doing several blocks a day to try to keep up. ;)

It sounds like it is finally going to spring up for you folks and I am sure it is a welcome sight. The green is looking good!

I love the fabric for the apron. I know it will be appreciated.

Have a wonderful Mother's Day.

Phil and Linda said...

Not to be "too" pushy, but you also took fabric home from AZ for a purse too????? I forgot what the apron fabric looked like. Now I'm all excited all over again!

love ya, mom