through Sept.) in our basement. I shouldn't say "every" because
many weeks during that time Jerry and I are gone. No gathering
when we have a snow storm either! We are a small group, 3 to 6
usually. The gals come and go anytime between 10 and 3 and we
take an hour out for lunch. In the past 11 years we've made over
1000 quilts for LWR.http://www.lwr.org/parish/quilts.asp
The first of Oct. before the quilts are shipped out we bring them to
church on a Sunday and some are sold and the money sent to LWR.
We also make lap quilts for nursing homes, baby quilts for Women in
Transition and baby quilts for new babies in the congregation.
The fabric is all donated and we buy batting and some backing.
Yesterday I went to WalMart to buy some of their twin flat sheets
for $2.97. Yay, they were on sale for 2.50!! Today one of the gals brought
a bag of really nice sheets that she bought at a second hand store for$2.00. Most of the gals aren't quilters but they iron and tie! A couple
sew and know how to use the rotary cutter and so I feel blessed
when they are here. We have a great time....it is not a high pressure
activity....and we have wonderful lunches!
mother's or grandmother's closets. Sometimes it is just junk and really
scraps and the next bag may have pieces that are 3 and 4 yards. There
are many fabrics that are only 36 in. so they've been around a long time.
I enjoy going through every new donation looking for the jewels!

3 comments:
Wow, didn't realize that you and the other gals had made that many quilts!
You gals rock!!!!
Wow, that's an impressive amount of relief quilts! Way to go!
Keep up the good work We also make quilts at out church we only meet 2 times a month but a few of us sew the tops and backs at home I know what you mean about going through the bags and finding the treasures
Post a Comment