Sunday, January 13, 2008

A wonderful birthday!

I partied most of the week, received cards, phone calls, gifts and had
some wonderful food. On Thursday I had a Quantro pizza at a favorite
Italian restaurant. The pizza I always order has Parmesan, Romano,
mozzarella and Gorgonzola cheese. Yum. Jerry and I split a tiramisu.

On Friday G and MJ were here with their girls and our 2 great grandchildren.
Linnea just smiles at everyone and Marcos jabbers away telling his stories.
One of these days we'll begin to understand him.

One day I went to the fabric store with birthday money. Dear me, I
should have had blinders on so not to see the gorgeous new spring fabric
that was on the tables. But, I withstood the urge to buy fabric and instead
bought a new scissors, a new ruler, marking pens and other odds and ends.

Last night Bill fixed another delicious meal. He started out with a pear
and Gorgonzola focassia. His own bread of course.
The main course was crab cakes(so light and tasty),celery root slaw and
greens salad. Can't believe I didn't get a picture of the dessert......it was
a baked chocolate.....not quite like a volcano but soft and gooey in the
middle and crusty on top and served with a small scoop of ice cream.
Oh my, to die for. I walked on the treadmill this afternoon and think
I will walk again tonight!!

1 comment:

Karen said...

Happy birthday to you!!! I like the sound of your celebration....shopping in the quilt store and of course the good food.

Enjoy your day!