it is fungus nats. The little flies are smaller than a fruit fly. They just
hatched and are mainly around the 2 amaryllis bulbs and going to the
other plants. There are a few already flying around this group of
plants in my fabric room under the fluorescent light.
open. The other bulb has 6 leaves and no sign of a flower stalk. That's
what I get for getting carried away with a really good sale! I've sprayed
the planting medium with an Ortho Indoor Plant Spray but the article
I read said to use Gnatrol. Next year, bare bulbs, no planting medium!
Hope all the other plants don't get infested. The african violets are ready
to bloom and the geraniums, cactus, rosemary and hibiscus are
thriving. My plants spend most of the winter under a fluorescent bulb.
We don't see much sun here on the west side of MI. It can be pretty
gloomy. The temperature outside has been about 10 degrees all day
so we've kept the blinds and drapes closed all day. But, with the lights
on and not seeing what is going on outside we can pretend that it is
a lovely day. I'm very happy down here in the basement with all the
bright lights.

3 comments:
Your plants look great! Are you sure that they are not silk like mine! In my opinion, the only way to have green in my house. Love ya
It sure is nice to see green this time of the year.
I love your plants. I love your blog! Thanks for visiting mine. I have just started a cooking blog also. I am excited about it. Hope I can do it. Thank you for sharing.
Post a Comment