but there are still times when something happens and I
think,"Oh, I've got to remember to tell Mother that when I
call her." It only lasts a split second before I realize that
I can't do that.
Mother was born in 1901, graduated from a 2 year Normal
(teaching school) and taught kindergarten/1st grade. In the
late 20's she went to Omaha Deaconess School so she could be
a missionary. She had a call to go to China but it was withdrawn
because of all the pirates on the sea at that time. The
Lutheran Church decided not to send women to the
China mission field. So she got a teaching job in MN near where
her sister and family lived. She met my Dad at a local church
and before long was a farmers wife! Here she was, 31, a pianist,
church organist, teacher, summer traveler for the Missionary
Society who couldn't boil water. She said she only knew how to
make fudge! Guess Dad took a leap of faith too. But, she was
a quick learner. From the time Mother was 16 she had been
the organist at various churches and was at my home church
until she was 70.
This photo was her application for teaching photo. I have other
photos that I've been trying to get on this post and can't seem
to get them in right. Can't move this picture either. Wanted
to say more but now I'm getting frustrated with blogger. I
guess the main point that I wanted to say is that it may be
23 year but I still miss my Mom.

4 comments:
I'm sure you will always miss your Mother! It sounds like she led a very interesting life...was she also a quilter? I love her picture. Cherish the memories you have and those lovely photos.
Karen
It took me longer than it should to read your post. I couldn't see the words through my tears! I always think about Grandma. It's usually a sight or sound that will bring back a memory. I loved her dearly, she was the best! I love you the same way Mom.
Mom, I am so proud of you!
Great post.
I often think of the time I spent on the farm with Grandma and Grandpa.
They were wonderful people, I was lucky to have such elders in my life.
I love you.
I know how you feel...it will be 26 yrs since my mom died this feb. and I still miss her terribly. it's even more so since I have had my babies.
hugs to you!
Post a Comment