Tuesday, April 15, 2008
The hummingbirds are headed our way.
At least that is what Spike O'Dell from WGN (Chicago) says. Jerry has every radio in the house tuned to WGN. Evidently Spike has been having followers of the hummingbirds calling him with sightings. The sightings started in Texas and today they were sighted in Wisconsin. If the birds are in WI they should be in MI so I made up a supply of food for them and got the feeder outside. In 2 weeks the Baltimore Orioles will be here. They like oranges and grape jelly.
It is time to change the wall hangings....the hummingbird quilt and a couple small tulip hangings.

My hand pruner is gone. May it got mixed up with all the leaves. Can't get along without one so stopped at Lowe's this afternoon. You know how all the grocery stores have candy at the checkout? Well, just inside the door at Lowe's were all these wonderful bulbs...glads, lilies and dahlias. Decided to help the economy and bought a number of bags. Won't tell you how many though!!! Bought pansies also and planted them as soon as I got home in the boxes on the deck rail. Love them, they are so bright and cheery and like cold weather which we still have.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
we have humming birds year round out here you would love it...
Your summer quilts are just lovely. They look so cheery and reflect the season perfectly.
We have hummers all year round, but we have a huge increase during the summer months. I find that I "help the economy" with all the sugar I buy to keep my feeders filled. :) Our orioles returned around the end of March and I just love to see them back.
I love the humming birds and your wall hangings! As always, I love looking at your blog!
Your wallhangings are precious. We don't have any Baltimore Orioles here to bother the Hummers. Happy Spring!
Post a Comment