Tuesday, April 22, 2008

I couldn't believe my eyes!!!!

Over the weekend I decided the tulip wall hanging needed to be finished since the tulips are beginning to open. OK, this is going to be good practice on machine quilting. After taking a deep breath I got started. Hey, it was going pretty good, not great stitches but I was satisfied. I kept checking the back and that looked OK too. Then the bobbin ran out of thread!!
Back to sewing the last forth of the quilt. Whew, not bad. Then I turned it over. What in the world happens to the tension when there is an interruption in sewing. I was dumbfounded. Of course if I would have checked when I started sewing again this wouldn't have happened. After staring st the back a few minutes I decided FOOEY, that is how it is going to be. The quilt is a outside porch quilt anyway. I dare anyone to look at the back. Period, end of report!!
Forgot to take a picture of the quilt on the porch (it is dark outside now) But here it is again before the "episode".

5 comments:

SandyQuilts said...

Oh dear .. sorry that happened. The quilt is adorable.

Needled Mom said...

That is so frustrating! Just put a big piece of furniture in front of it and no one will be able to reach it to check the back. lol

Phil and Linda said...

I won't look when I visit next week. I promise! Not!!!!!

JUST A MOM said...

oh you are brave,,,, (BOWS DOWN) so very brave and it turned out great!!!!!!

Val said...

I promise I will not look at the back! I can't wait to learn how to do this.