
Suddenly my card stash was all gone. April was a busy month with birthdays and the need for get-well cards. I like to make quite a few cards at a time because I make such a mess. By time all the papers, card stock, stamps, ink and everything else is out on the cutting table I might as well make more than one card! Kept these pretty simple.

Outside work has begun and I've got the pain to show for it. The snow is gone and has left behind a pile of wet packed leaves. They are so hard to rake. It is so exciting to see all the tulips, daffodils, hyacinths and crocus growing. Think I've got a bunny problem. As you can see, all the crocus leaves have been eaten to the ground. Whoever is eating the leaves just messes with the flowers. I planted so many new crocus bulbs last fall too. Oh, well, guess they have to eat too. The forsythia I picked last week and forced is blooming and adds cheer to the room.
Bill and Tam had a long but uneventful flight to Moscow. Their physicals this morning went fine. The American dollar doesn't go far!!!. Prices for everything are sky high. Tomorrow they fly to Krasnoyarsk (in Siberia) and Monday they go to the orphanage to visit with Anya.
Soren's other G'pa is staying with him this week and we take over Monday morning until Bill comes home on Thursday. I've been cutting fabric to bring along with my sewing machine. I'm going to make a reversible quilt following directions from Sharon Pederson's book two at a Time.
6 comments:
Thanks for the travel AND garden update! Love you both...
Jill
I just hired someone to do my raking this year. I'll be glad when he shows up. Can't wait to see what you make next. It just came to me what I am going to bring with me to work on and it is thanks to your heart quilt photo.
Sounds like you have your week planned out for you. Good thing you have all the prep work done for sewing.
Glad to hear that the snow is gone and I'm happy to see some of the crocus made it this year. How frustrating to have something eating the leaves.
I just love to stop by your blog. Everything you do is what I love. I haven't made any cards yet. Maybe you can do a tutorial on them. My daughter made some here at my house but I would love to see more of your work. Thanks for sharing.
my friend went over twice,, not sure where but was quite a trip. prayers
You aren't going to make Soren do any fabric work are you?
Yard work's OK though....unless he wants to work on your fabric.
Post a Comment