Besides fabric, I love books and patterns. Just today the decision was made to drop my membership in Crafters Book Club and Doubleday Book Club. You know how easy it is to join a club? It took me forever to figure out how to drop out...can't do it on the Internet...have to write a letter!
This is leading up to my giveaway for the 100th post. I'd like to share a few of my many books in a drawing. My rules are easy.....leave a comment and tell what kind of quilting you most enjoy doing.....hand quilting, machine quilting or long arm quilting. Not a quilter....tell what kind of quilting you most enjoy looking at.
#3 Landscape Quilts by Nancy Zieman and Natalie Sewell
#2 Fantastic Fabric Folding by Rebecca Wat
#1 Batik Beauties by Laurie Shrifrin and 9 pieces of batik...approximately 12x18
Please make sure there is a way for me to contact you. The drawing starts right now and finishes in 2 weeks, Nov. 5th at 8 o'clock in the evening. Good Luck!!
I don't usually count backwards. Forgot about the order I was posting the pictures.
Becoming more computer savvy is my goal for my second year!!!

24 comments:
It has been an honor to meet you also. You were one of my first blogs that I looked at. I actually check in on you everyday. I, too, have to limit my time. I only read or blog at night after supper. That is my relaxing time. It can totally consume you if you don't limit it. I get carried away. I would love to be in your give away! How exciting!
P.S. I forgot to tell you that I really don't know what kind of quilting I like. I am not impressed with my hand quilting but I am impressed with my granny's machine quilting. I am going to try machine quilting in the next week or so, I hope.
count me in!
I will write more later as I'm in rush now.
Congratulations on your 100th post!
isn't it fantastic how you can know so many new people in a short time over the internet?
Thanks for blogging with me!
Congratulations! I really like your blog, I´ll be back....
The blogging is a fantastic thing, so many new friends from all over the world, exciting! Started my blog in May 2008, wrote in Swedish at first, but when I changed to English it was an explosion, couldn´t have dreamt about it. About quilting: I love both machine and hand quilting, it´s two different things that I like in different ways. But if I have to choose I will say hand quilting. It´s so relaxing!
I sooooo hope that you do not find that you have to give up blogging as we would all miss you. I know what you mean, though, as I find I spend way too much quilting time on the computer. Somehow the computer doesn't do my loved quilting!!!! Congratulations on reaching 100.
Me, I love the hand quilting. Guess it is because that is what first interested me in the quilting world and ties us with the quilters who came before of us.
I, too, am a book addict -- and magazines. I have way too many subscriptions but can never decide which one I should quit. ;)
Congratulations on your moda win. I know you will find lots of uses for the fabric.
Hope the cold is gone by now too.
Your blog is one of my very favorites! Those books look great!
I would have to choose machine quilting as I am not able to do hand quilting, (carpal tunnel) altho all I have seen is beautiful!
Please count me in on your giveaway!
I love looking at all quilting. I don't like to do that part so much that's why I use LTW!! I like the designing and choosing colors and piecing. Congratulations on your 100th post!!! 200 will come quickly.
congrats on 100 posts! I LOVE to machine quilt. I LOVE to stipple, more specifically. I am so thankful that i have come to love this part of quilting rather than dreading it. it's lots of fun.
Congratulations on 100 posts. I love to look at all quilts but I think I am really liking the portability of hand piecing and quilting the most as far as working on something myself. Hope you are feeling better.
My favorite quilts to look at are YOURS!!!! I have always looked up to you for who you are as a person - and admired your huge talent for quilting... and cooking!!!!! I love you! (I am not pandering to win your drawing - count me out :)
Congratulations on your 100th blog! It does take time, you just have to not feel guilty if you don't blog every day. Those str neat books you are giving away, please enter me in your drawing. Looking forward to your 200th post!
Congrats on 100 posts! That is totally awesome :)
I like to choose a pattern, the fabrics/colors and the machine quilting. I used to stipple with my Elna before I got my Gammill. Now I'm a pantograph girl...finishes are much more quicker now!
I just found your blog from the comment you left on Tanya's blog in Japan.
Someday I might start blog!
wardo8484@earthlink.net
Alright! 100 posts, that's great! It's addictive. As for the give-away, count me in. I'm a machine quilter type. I try to do nothing by hand if I can help it.LOL
Congratulations! I would love to be considered in your giveaway. I usually machine quilt (badly) or very occasionally hand quilt (almost as badly). Mostly, I hire quilting! There are several longarm quilters in town who do a nice job. I love to piece and applique, however, and produce enough tops to keep several quilters busy.
Congratulations on reaching 100 posts! I enjoy hand quilting best, but usually end up sending my quilts out to the long armer...
PS. Don't include me in the giveaway. South Africa is far to far to post books to. :)
Congratulations on 100 posts. My favorite kind of quilting is hand quilting. I love sitting in front of the tv in the evenings with a quilt in my lap, quilting away.
Winona
Hey Grandma!! Let's see, I think my favorite quilts are yours....it may seem a little biased, but I can't help it. As you saw I have my Graduation quilt on my family room wall. It's one of my favorite quilts with each family member's signature on it and old fabric from the things you have made me since I was little...from Barbie doll clothes to night gowns. It is VERY special to me for many reasons. There are a lot of memories on that quilt and I get to see it everyday, not to mention the replication of my baby blanket that I can't live without!!!!! Thank you for them, as usual you do a beautiful job on all the quilts you have done. Count me in!!!
Love you/Missy
I know what you mean about time being spent blogging when we should be quilting (well, I don't know about should but I did start my blog to record my quilting efforts). I love hand quilting the most and that all that I consider myself to be proficient in. But I have been trying my hand at machine with not too great results. I am hoping for a day when I can TRY a long arm machine. Just one day!!! Congratulations!
Congratulations on your 100th post. I just found your blog from Perrys, I have enjoyed reading and checking out you bag....it is very nice. Keep writing. Barb
Hi
Congratulations on 100 posts. Thanks for visiting me.
Hugs, Rhondi
Hello
I recently saw your episode on Simply Quilts and had to tell you that I loved your quilt behind the shadows and would love to know where you purchased your fabrics as I would love to make that quilt - the colours were amazing. Do you have the pattern in your book as the quantities were not mentioned in the show. I would love to hear from you if you have the time. My email is hdickenson@msn.com and would love to participate in your giveaway if Im not too late
Kind regards and take care
Helen in Australia said....
I saw the episode on Simply Quilts that had the Behind the Shadows quilt and would love to make that one as the colours were inspiring. I have many projects on the go and not enough hours to do them but that one I would make time. Can you please tell me where I can get the beautiful fabric that you used as I have found the shop in Seattle has closed. I hope that Im not imposing upon you as this was the only way I could find to contact you. Take care and many kind regards.
ps my email is hdickenson@msn.com and I would love to be included in your give away if Im not too late
Post a Comment