The squirrels are into nesting mode. They are building a nest in the tree that hangs over the driveway and what a mess they are making. We could sweep twice a day and the driveway would still be littered with small end branches with leaves. They also sit up on there to eat acorns and throw down the shells. Oh, Lois, complain, complain!! That's what happens in the woods and it will be a sad day when we have to move.
The leaves are starting to fall. Not too much color yet...we've had so much rain and the grass is still green. This year we are looking for someone to take care of the raking (blowing) and hauling the leaves away. We've gotten one estimate so far. There are 18 trees in our yard so that makes for more than a few leaves!!
I'm off to the fabric store to buy batting. What?? you say. If you saw the picture of a 70 yd roll of batting a few posts back that would be a logical question. For one thing that roll belongs to the quilting group and another is that I need batting not so thick. Hope to finish the 5th small quilt today.

6 comments:
You are so smart. You do so much. How do you find the time? Your sewing machine looks so nice. What kind is it?? I need a new one so bad. I don't know when I will get one though.
My Bern*ina was doing the same thing to me. Of course it would never do it at the shop. They finally replaced the computer board at my demanding (even though I had to pay for labor) and it has worked perfectly for years now. Make sure you get that resolved before the warranty is up because those boards would be pricey.
No more mice???? I love the squirrels but my MIL used to call the "rats with tails." Go figure.
Hi G'G'Ma,
I just stopped by to say you are one of the winners from my Fall Giveaway. Stop by to see what you have won and send me an e-mail with your mailing address and I will get your prize out to you. It's nice to see a familiar "face" win! Thanks for playing.
I think you need to bring it to Sweden...it's homesick! lol
I have decided all quilting machines are notional, period. They remind me of harmonal old ladies, lol, like me.
Wow. Going great guns aren't you! I'm going to need another bolt of batting pretty soon too though I don't think it is going to be 70 yards!
Post a Comment