Sunday, October 12, 2008

4 small quilts and another mouse...

Oh, yes,another mouse in one of the traps above the ceiling tile. We'll keep checking the trap line!

Last night at 12:30a.m. I finished the 4th quilt for the quilters drawing so was able to bring it to church to give to Joan. She was very happy with it.

This picture was taken last Tuesday when we were doing "quality control". It was that last time to check for pins or a missed tie. We had 51 quilts.

This morning the quilts were placed on the chairs at church. I couldn't get anyone to stand among the chairs! The Sunday School children had collected enough school supplies to fill 80 tote bags. There was a dedication of all the items. After church anyone could buy a quilt for $40 and I think a dozen were sold. That money is sent to LWR to be used for shipping costs. Last year over 400,000 quilts were sent from Lutheran churches around the US to overseas. That's allot of "older" ladies working in basements and fellowship halls! The ages in our group goes from 54 to 84!! alt=""id="BLOGGER_PHOTO_ID_5256410542031280370" />

Now I've got to start on the number 5 drawing. That is the French Roses quilt.

4 comments:

Needled Mom said...

That is an amazing accomplishment. You guys are AWESOME!!!!!!!

Carol in Sweden said...

What a task and what great volunteer work! Your efforts are appreciated, I'm sure!

Alice Grace said...

I love that miniature quilt! What beautiful work!

The Calico Quilter said...

That number of quilts is quite an impressive accomplishment. Congratulations! What a great group you all are!

On the mouse front - my mom has the same problem with mice getting in above the dropped ceiling tiles. Hers actually eat the ceiling tiles (they're fiberglass, this can't be good). You can hear them chewing. She's thinking of inviting the stray cats in for a little hunt!