Sunday, October 19, 2008

A lousy week!!

I haven't had a real cold in years but that sure changed this past week. Ugh. I want to go back to bed right now!! Well, not my bed but the nest I've made in the corner of the sofa. Can't sleep laying down so it helps to prop myself up in the sofa corner with pillows. It's a good spot with the coffee table near for my box of tissue, a spot for my herbal tea, the phone, a bag of throat lozenges and a book. Think the mend is at hand since I actually made dinner tonight...and bread pudding for dessert!

While nesting I read Ordinary Heroes by Scott Turow and now am reading The Pillars of the Earth by Ken Follett. Read, doze, read, doze etc!

Jerry took another fall last week and scraped the front of his leg that has edema. Since it was draining we had to go to a wound specialist. The wound is dressed and I have to change the dressing tomorrow..kinda nervous about that. When he goes back this week the nurse will wrap his leg and down around his foot.

Granddaughter Jill sent a picture of her graduation quilt last week. I didn't have a good one. Jill designed the quilt and I made it. She was really into Celtic designs then. All of the blocks around the center are her favorite things, book, Lake MI wave, lily of the valley, her weeping willow tree, 2000, etc. The light blue top and bottom has different Celtic designs.



The pumpkin wall hanging on the house was made for the girls years ago. I see it is still being used!!

The first anniversary of my blog has passed and I think this is the 97th post soooo guess I'd better think about a drawing. I will try to do that tomorrow.

2 comments:

Perry said...

That's a beautiful quilt! Sorry your week has been lousy, seems to happen a lot sometimes, huh. I loved the Pillars of the Earth, but it takes a while to read. Hope this week is better; of course I really don't see how all of your week was bad if you fixed bread pudding! lol

Needled Mom said...

I am so sorry that you are being plagued by a cold. Those things are nasty. It sounds like you are taking good care of yourself with lots of rest.

The quilt is absolutely gorgeous. I'll bet she'll cherish that forever. The halloween quilt is so cute too.

Sorry about Jerry's fall. Those wounds can be nasty so I am glad that you have a wound specialist overseeing it. They can get bad soooo fast.

Hope you feel better.