Hope it is a complete success but just in case there are more critters the traps have been reset. One day recently when I was coming downstairs, Whoa there was a mouse on the step!! I of course yelled for Jerry to come to the rescue. I ran for the broom and by time we both got to the stairs the the mouse was gone. Jerry didn't believe that I had seen something...thought it was my imagination. I talked him into putting some traps downstairs. Checked every day and peanut butter was always there. Then late one night sitting here at the computer I was sure I heard tiny running feet above me...above the ceiling tile. My hearing is bad and I have hearing aids so I wasn't believed again. Finally, to appease me Jerry put traps at 2 places above the tile. It wasn't easy to get to so it took a few more days for the hunter to check the trap-line. The peanut butter was gone and no mouse but finally we had a believer!! We checked again today and finally got our mouse. Now, do you suppose that was the only one? Sure hope so but this time of the year they try to sneak inside. It has been about 3 years since our last visitor. Uffda, sure don't like those critters.
I'm reading a really good book...Water for Elephants. Was planning to finish it tonight but then started blogging. Next weeks book club book is Stolen Innocence and for Nov. it is The Shack. Other reads lately have been Last Kiss, 90 Minutes in Heaven, The Gift and the book about Jackie O's last days. Also 3 Fern Michaels books and Star Witness on tape...when I'm quilting.

The temperature is supposed to be in the 30's by morning. Brrrr. I brought some big plants inside...for the winter. Noticed the Christmas Cactus has loads of tiny buds just forming. Guess it will be a Thanksgiving Cactus again this year!!
6 comments:
Oh....your books sound so good...my mom loved Water for Elephants..got it on my bookshelf to read later. I'm plugging away on my Bookclub list so I never seem to have time to read my own selections! So many books, so little time!
I cheat sometimes (not for my bookclub, of course) but I'm addicted to listening to books in the car! I tried to listen to books while sewing but that doesn't work out...too noisy!
Your mouse visitors story is familiar!!!! too often I hear little feet scurring around in our walls...yuckj!
I read Water For Elephants a few months ago too, it came recommended by a friend.
I too have a strong dislike of mice, oh my goodness, do I.
In the 30s???? No wonder the mice are looking for an inside spot.
Our area has a lot of rodents -- outside mostly. This summer I invested in a Rat Zapper and it was amazing. We ended up electrocuting 14 mice and 12 rats so the investment paid for itself over and over again. It sure beats setting traps AND emptying them. I would make bets that there must be more so I wouldn't let up on those traps quite yet. Good luck.
Sounds like you will have you hands full with all the upcoming reading. Enjoy.
Oh my! I do hate mice, but I wouldn't have taken the time to grab a broom, I would have been on top of something way up high! LOL
I would like to know what you think of "The Shack" when you read it, I am in process of getting it. I, too, love to read!
Hmmm. I wonder if my abundance of cats could help out your mouse problems. My cats have never met a mouse yet.
Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving me the phone number for the designer of "Autumn Day" but I'm sad to say it isn't a working number.
I'm really glad you caught the second little critter, and maybe that's all of them.
Y'all take care ...
Post a Comment