Saturday, November 22, 2008

Cora the Explorer quilt is finished.

Finished the Dora quilt tonight. Made a little pillow and pillow case to match. I'm thinking about putting a yarn tie at the intersection of the white rectangles. Every little child need some soft yarn to rub with their fingers to help them go to sleep!!!



Soren and Anya were here tonight.We enjoyed their visit so very much. Anya spent about 45 minutes putting stickers on the toy box and our hands. Sure don't need expensive toys to entertain small children. She is wearing an OLD Davy Crockett hat that lost it's tail many years ago. I think the hat is about 40 years old. Our children and all of the grandchildren have worn the hat sometime while playing here. I'm beginning to think that we disposed of the tail...it was a real tail. Ugh! The hat is fake fur.

4 comments:

Needled Mom said...

The quilt looks great! I know it will be well loved.

The coonskin hat is so cute. My husband still has his and the little ones get a real kick out of it. We were driving down the road the other day and there was a deaad raccoon on the road. I told my husband that we should stop and grab the tail for a hat. He laughed, but perhaps I should have reconsidered and grabbed it for your hat!!!!!

You are so right -- kids do NOT need all these expensive toys to make their own fun. It is better for their imagination.

Tanya said...

Some child is going to be so happy with that Dora quilt! I'm afraid I don't know Dora either. A friend of Barney the dinosaur? Wasn't he a biggie for awhile?

Karen said...

Oh, my little grand-daughter would love the Dora quilt! She has loved Dora things since she was about 1-1/2 as she always watched her on t.v.

The quilts are all wonderful! I have the pattern for the floral (layered one) quilt...maybe I'll make one soon as your's looks so pretty.

Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Val said...

That Dora quilt is so cute. I love it. I love the hat too. Hope you had a great Thanksgiving.