Wednesday, November 12, 2008

A finish.

After a few weeks of no quilting I finally got back to working on the quilts I promised my friends in the church quilting group. Last night the French Roses quilt was finished for Violet. I washed and dried it last night and did another wash and dry this morning before leaving for Bible Study. I like it when the frayed edges fray more and curl up and look old. Violet was very happy.


The back has new fabric but the front is all stash scraps. They are from the larger rose quilt I made some years ago. When layering the rose petals the back of each is cut out of each layer to reduce bulk. Of course I kept all of those pieces and just used them as they were....the smaller sizes and just as they were cut.






Tonight I'm starting to quilt the next top. This one is squares of Japanese type fabric between a lattice of black. Have to go to Google first to check out some ideas for Sashiko on the black.

6 comments:

Val said...

This quilt is so beautiful. You are amazing.

Needled Mom said...

What a beautiful quilt. Anyone would be thrilled to own it.

Our last quilt guild meeting featured a speaker from Hawaii who does Sashiko quilting. Her quilts were stunning. I can't wait to see what you come up with.

Carol in Sweden said...

OH....that's purrrrttttyyyyy!

Really pretty! The new owner will love it, I'm sure!

How come you wash it so many times? Is that to fray the edges?

Rhonda said...

I love this quilt and it looks so simple. It would be great as a wedding quilt. You've given me an idea. Take care.

Alice Grace said...

That is an awesome design! How beautiful!

Shelina said...

This is such a beautiful quilt! Congratulations on a great finish. I've been meaning to make a bulls eye quilt someday.