I've renamed my Christmas Cactus to a Halloween Cactus. I keep it outside all summer and when the buds start forming it is brought inside. That is also the time the nights are getting cooler and darker. When I brought it inside there were 73 buds. Don't know how many more formed later. It is so hard to count them now but I think there are a couple dozen more to open.
Saturday was our great Granddaughter's first Birthday party. She is such a sweet and good baby and did well with all the commotion. Her 2 year old cousin opened all her gifts and then gave them to her. She loved to chew on them and really liked the paper after it was off the gifts!! Of course all the adults just sat and enjoyed watching the little ones.
Our DIL is making Linnea a floor/picnic quilt. I love it. She has used old blue jeans and the flannel in the Cathedral Windows is fabric she received from Linnea's Great Great G'ma. MJ hasn't turned under the edges of the window so the edges will fray with washing. The back looks wonderful too with the different shades of the jeans.

2 comments:
What a darling Dorothy!!!!! She is perfect for it and I can imagine the ruby shoes were a hit with her.
Our family took in three Vietnamese brothers back in the late 70s. They arrived at our home on Halloween day and spoke no English. They had a very hard time figuring out what all the people in costumes were doing coming to the door. They must have thought it was a strange country.
My Christmas cactus never blooms at Christmas either. Don't ask me why.
That quilt is stunning. It really looks beautiful. The flannel is such a great idea.
These babies are all so cute. I guess "Dorothy" is too old to be a baby, but she is someone's baby, lol. Beautiful Christmas Cactus. Never have tried to grow those. And the quilt..perfect for little ones!
Post a Comment