Last week a store (Ferndale) opened just outside of Cannon Falls that sells local products....fresh turkey, sausage, local cheeses etc. This is what I carried home in my suitcase. As you can see most of the dill cheese is gone, very good! Gail went back to the store just before going to the airport to buy some Swedish sausage. I really didn't want to carry meat on our long trip on the train.
Sunday, November 2, 2008
We missed the Lutfisk dinners!!
It was a shame to be in MN in Oct. or Nov. and miss out on a Lutfisk dinner at one of the Lutheran Churches. Those that live in MN could probably find a dinner to go to once a week. They also usually serve meatballs, potato sausage, lefse, fruit soup and all kinds of other "regular" foods. One of our friends said she prefers cream sauce on her lutfisk so has to go to the former Swedish Lutheran Church suppers. Norwegians prefer melted butter. To each his own!!! My SIL said she had fixed lutfisk at home in Phoenix the night before she left for MN last week.

Last week a store (Ferndale) opened just outside of Cannon Falls that sells local products....fresh turkey, sausage, local cheeses etc. This is what I carried home in my suitcase. As you can see most of the dill cheese is gone, very good! Gail went back to the store just before going to the airport to buy some Swedish sausage. I really didn't want to carry meat on our long trip on the train.
Last week a store (Ferndale) opened just outside of Cannon Falls that sells local products....fresh turkey, sausage, local cheeses etc. This is what I carried home in my suitcase. As you can see most of the dill cheese is gone, very good! Gail went back to the store just before going to the airport to buy some Swedish sausage. I really didn't want to carry meat on our long trip on the train.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
My in-laws were both from Stillwater and spoke often of the lutfish dinners. My FIL was 100% Swedish and continued many of the traditions with his family. Our local Lutheran college continues to celebrate their traditions with a special week of festivities each year. It's always fun to attend.
To bad you had to miss the Lutfisk dinner! I actually like it too!
Yes we did have fun the other night at the hockey game thank you!
Mom said that you were able to get a lot accomplished in just those 2 days and that you had some good laughs and saw many people! It is sad though that Grandma's house belongs to someone else now but I heard you atleast were able to meet the new owner.
I hope all is well with you all and tell everyone hi for me!
OK...I admit it, I don't like lutfisk but neither does my Swedish husband! However, I LOVE LOVE SILL! (herring)
PLEASE tell me if you would like me to send you something from Sweden for your special holiday celebrations or "just because you want it".
My parents will come for Christmas (and LUCIA) and when they return to the USA their suitcases are always partially empty. So it's no problem for me to send something with them. Just let me know!
Last year the USA customs took away our reindeer pate...but other than that most stuff goes through their laws.
You won't find Lutfisk
@ my smorgasbord. I think that it is definately an acquired taste! I can't believe that Marcia's boys like it. I'm sure that they had to have been bribed all these years with big bucks!!! My family in AZ, all love the swedish meatballs, spiced ham and potato sausage. Which is plenty anyway, so we don't even miss the lutfisk!!!
Post a Comment