Monday, November 17, 2008

Hello to winter!

We woke to snow this morning. I took the picture this afternoon when there was 6 inches. A lot more now. This snow is on top of most of our fallen leaves. We contracted to have our yard cleaned up by the company that takes care of the lawn during the summer. The fellows came for about an hour 2 weeks ago. Most of the leaves have fallen. What a mess it will be with the leaves so wet. And we paid them $450 up front! I probably shouldn't complain when I see what is happening in CA because of the fires. That must be so frightful and devastating to go through. My prayers go out to everyone affected by the fires.



Today has been such a mixed up day. Kept wandering from one thing to another. After finishing the laundry I washed fabric for a baby quilt. Dora the Explorer. I'm making a couple of baby quilts for a family that our family is giving gifts to this Christmas. Sure didn't know who Dora was so had to ask the fabric lady. Well, I still don't know who Dora is but know what she looks like. I'm making a disappearing 9-patch. Made 2 squares.


Did some work on one of my drawing quilts. Can't work too long on it because my hand starts to hurt. It wasn't such a smart idea to try to do Sashiko. Not all ideas turn out wonderfully!!


Got the flannel quilt pinned. It is ready for the sewing machine!!

6 comments:

La Familia Lopez Robinson said...

Grandma, I'm sure our little girl will love the Dora quilt! Dora is on her own "show" for kids and she speaks English and Spanish. She helps teach new words in both languages while she rescues animals and solves puzzles. It's a good show for little ones. I hope you two are staying inside and not braving the nasty roads!
Love you, Em

Needled Mom said...

I am so glad that I am not the only one who did not know who Dora is. One of my granddaughters wanted a Dora cake for her birthday and I had no idea what she was talking about. LOL

The snow looks so pretty, but it certainly seems like it was early for that much to fall.

The fires here have been devastating. So many people have lost everything. Our prayers go out to them.

You have been so busy with your quilting. The Sashiko looks wonderful despite the sore hands. I know that it will be worth it when you look at it completed.

Rhonda said...

Your drawing quilt looks like an optical illusion from here. I like it. Wow! All that snow. I can't imagine it. It's about 58 degrees here, the wind is blowing leaves everywhere but we won't get snow anytime soon. Take care.

Tanya said...

The snow looks beautiful but oh so cold! Keep that hubby warm!

Rhondi said...

You are busy with quilts! I think working on a quilt is the perfect activity on a snowy day. I am so glad we live in a part od the country that seldom gets snow but still has the four seasons.
Hope you have a great weekend.
Hugs, Rhondi

Carol in Sweden said...

The finished Dora quilt is ADORABLE! with the matching pillow, too! cute cute cute!

The snow photo of your back yard looks just like it could be in SWEDEN...that little shed painted Falun Red!

Like those flannel squares!