And this is the back yard. The lawn service we hired to pick up the leaves was here once.Then we keep getting snow. Now it is almost all melted and no one showed up yesterday or today. Guess what is forecast for Monday again? Wonder if they will actually pick up the leaves or send all our money back!!
I took down the trap line. Haven't caught any mice in over a month. Took the traps out from above the ceiling tile and not even a nibble. There is a small hole in the garage ceiling where an electrical cord goes through. Maybe that was their entry. Our grandsons were over yesterday and did allot of jobs that are getting too hard for us, like plug that hole. They hauled the big Christmas tree box upstairs and set up the tree. Hard telling when I'll get it decorated. They put up the big wreath on the front of the house and filled the bird feeder. They are so tall they don't have to use the ladder to reach the top of the feeder. I plied them with cocoa and cookies. Maybe I'll start a list for when they come home for Christmas break!! Thanks guys.
We had a wonderful Thanksgiving with family and delicious food. I took pictures of all the food but won't post them. I'm sure all of your tables looked wonderful too. We have so much to be thankful for, in spite of some health problems,complaints about leaves, mice etc. I know millions of people go hungry every day and have no roof over their head. There are so many ways for us to do our part to help...Food Banks, Salvation Army, City Mission and whatever the organizations are called in your area.
Did any reader go shopping early yesterday? Granddaughters did and got some good deals, I guess. I don't like shopping that much that I don't want to fight the crowds. My bed was soooo comfortable and warm at 5 a.m. Well, I wasn't even aware of anything at 5 a.m.!!

6 comments:
I am sooooo with you on that 5 a.m. shopping ordeal!!!!!
How wonderful for the kids to come over and help with your chores. It is so thoughtful of them and I know they would appreciate lists. One never knows all the little things that need to be done.
Yes, it has been gorgeous here in CA. Today was 86* and glorious. It made for gorgeous footage of the space shuttle return to erath here in the Mojave desert. It's hard to believe that tomorrow is December.
Sounds like you had a great Thanksgiving! It is great for the grandsons (those tall ones) to come and help! I totally agree with you on the shopping day after Thanksgiving, there is nothing out there that I can't live without if I have to get up and get in those crowds! We actually give a lot of homemade gifts these days in our family, makes it much more frugal for everyone. Happy Christamas decorating!
I wish I could get my kids to come over and do some chores for me. Mine are so busy with their own lives there is no time to do their own, lol. Glad you had a great Thanksgiving, so did we. Our weather is finally turning colder, but it hopefully will be another month or so before we get snow.
I was in bed at 5 am too. It is not worth it to me. Home is much better.
It is wonderful to have help, isn't it. I was up shopping - I think you have to experience it from time to time just to say you did. They need to make a tshirt for it!
I hope you call your lawn care service and remind them of their commitment. And check the contract to see how often they are supposed to come, and demand a refund for the time they didn't.
No shopping on this side of the world. I ought to go look at amazon shopping site after I finish blogging today.
Post a Comment